Preppy takes a turn for the modern when done in neutrals with a pop of bold jewel tones. Preppy never looked so casually sophisticated!
A classic preppy look consists of a few key pieces...
2.Dark wash jeans
Photos by Sarah Harper
[jeans: Joe's, top: Ann Taylor, cardigan: Ann Taylor, boots: Frye, necklace: boutique, earrings: Macy's, black bracelet: Ann Taylor, bangles: Alex & Ani, watch: Invicta]
Combining these traditional prepster pieces to create a classic preppy look is one thing. But let's aim for something more contemporary.
1.Colorblocked cardigan in tan and black is a sophisticated combination. Add in a punch of color for an unexpected twist
2. Nothing's more effortlessly chic than a pair of dark wash skinny jeans that fit like a glove
3. Chocolate riding boots with sleek hardware running down the back gives a conventional pair of boots an edgy vibe
4. Opt for a daintier silver & black watch rather than an oversized gold timepiece. Silver & black is the epitome of modern color combinations
5. A statement necklace with some color is the perfect updated accessory. And of course, the bigger, the better
6. Load on some bangles to give your look a touch of metal without all the bling and sparkles, which can look overwhelming and gaudy
7. Pearls are pearls, they're timeless and always appropriate. Switch out your regular ones for a larger sized stud.
Wow in MODERN PREP